Add a little spice to your life with this delicious zucchini “pasta” dish. The crushed red pepper and sardines brighten the flavors of the zucchini and tomatoes.
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
Macros: 11g net Carbs, 4g Fiber, 29 g Fat, 32g Protein
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 zucchini, spiralized (about 1 pound total)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz. sardines, mashed
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini to pan and cook, stirring occasionally until zucchini begins to soften.
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes and sardines.
- Let the zucchini, tomatoes, and sardines simmer for another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, plate, and top with the sliced black olives.