When that craving for Indian food hits, this is your new macro meal. Enjoy the subtle heat of the spice blend and the healthy benefits of lentils and spinach.
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
Macros 15g Net Carbs, 68g Fat, 21g Protein
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon each turmeric, garam masala, coriander, salt (or use a prepared curry spice blend)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup paneer or Monterey jack cheese (cut in small cubes)
- Combine the lentils, coconut milk, and spices in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender and have a dal-like texture.
- While the lentil mixture is cooking, heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt.
- Pour lentil mixture into a bowl and top with spinach. Sprinkle the paneer cubes over the spinach and lentils.