1/2 cup yellow onion
1/4 cup tomato
1/4 cup bell pepper
1 ½ cup of fresh cauliflower rice
6 asparagus spears
3/4 cup chicken or veggie broth
1/4 cup white wine
⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons capers
Salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, saute onion, tomato, and bell pepper in 2 Tbs. olive oil. Stir constantly for 5 min.
- Add cauliflower rice and continue to saute, stirring occasionally for 5 min.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and add to sauteing vegetables for 5 more min.
- While stirring, pour in wine, broth, and capers.
- Lower heat to medium. Simmer until all liquid is dissolved.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly while warm
- Serve immediately.
4g net carbs, 2g fat, 4g protein
Losing weight during menopause does not have to be a losing battle. With the Galveston Diet, it is possible to lose weight, feel better, and still eat amazing foods. Check out the rest of the The Galveston Diet site today to learn more about staying healthy and fit during menopause.