This is an easy weeknight dinner that will satisfy your crispy and crunchy cravings.
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
Macros: 11g net carbs, 7g fiber, 20g fat, 15g protein
- 12 oz. extra-firm tofu, cut in ½ inch slices
- garlic/herb or blackened seasoning
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, divided in two
- 2 cups raw broccoli slaw
- Drain and pat dry the tofu slices until most of the moisture is absorbed.
- Rub the lemon/garlic or blackened seasoning on each side.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add sesame seeds to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Stir while cooking to avoid burning the seeds.
Remove the sesame seeds from the pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to pan over medium heat. Swirl oil to coat surface of pan.
- Add tofu slices to pan and sear for 3-5 minutes on each side until browned. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the pan, as well as the broccoli slaw. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, and remove from heat before broccoli gets limp.
- Plate tofu slices on top of broccoli slaw and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.