The refreshing flavors of lemon and garlic pair well with scallops served over healthy and delicious spaghetti squash.
Ready in 50 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 16 ounces scallops
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds), cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter, separated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place spaghetti squash, cut side down, on the lined cookie sheet and roast in oven for 40 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the squash is roasting, wash the scallops and pat them dry.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice and chopped garlic with ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Remove squash from oven, turn it cut side up, and use a fork to scrape out the “spaghetti” into a bowl.
- Toss the “spaghetti” with 1 tablespoon of butter and salt and pepper to taste. Cover the bowl and set aside to keep hot.
- Add the scallops to the lemon juice/garlic mixture and toss to coat.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Using tongs, add the scallops in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the scallops and cook for another minute or until golden brown.
- Serve the spaghetti squash with the scallops and sprinkle the fresh parsley over the top. Enjoy!
- Macros: 16 g Net Carbs
- 8g Fat
- 25g Protein