This Chicken and Broccoli dish is the perfect balance of sweet and savory, and the almond butter marinade is full of flavor.
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
Macros: Net Carbs 11g, Fat 68g, Protein 45g
- ½ cup almond butter
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 ½ tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup ghee
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Make the marinade in a medium bowl. Stir together the almond butter, lime juice, tamari, minced garlic, coconut milk, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and cilantro.
- Add cubed chicken to the marinade, stir to coat chicken, and refrigerate for at least one hour. Chicken can be marinated for up to 8 hours.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add the marinated chicken. Stir fry the chicken for 7-10 minutes until cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, cook broccoli with a few tablespoons of water in a pan over medium high heat. When broccoli is tender, stir in ghee.
- Serve chicken with the broccoli. Sprinkle dish with sesame seeds.