Rosemary’s Turkey Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are great as an entree, but also a wonderful starter if hosting a dinner. The portobello’s are always a hit with guests.
4 large whole portobello mushrooms
2 Tablespoons olive oil
8 oz ground turkey
1 cup cauliflower rice
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 teaspoon dried basil
3-4 cups fresh spinach leaves
1/4 cup white wine
8oz grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment, put portobellos in pan, splash 1 Tbs. of olive oil over mushrooms and bake them for about 20 min (or until warmed through). Remove from oven.
- In a medium fry pan, add 1 Tbs. olive oil.
- Saute garlic and onion, then add turkey and cauliflower rice and cook for about 10 min, stirring frequently to avoid mixture sticking to bottom of pan.
- Add spinach, basil, wine, and parmesan cheese. Cook on low until spinach is wilted and liquid has evaporated.
- Top each mushroom with equal amounts of mixture and remaining parmesan. Bake in the oven for about 15 min (or until cheese is melted).
- Serve one stuffed mushroom on dinner plate with mixed green salad (optional).
6g net carbs, 25g fat, 24g protein
For the most effective weight loss guidance, as well as many delicious recipes, you can always trust The Galveston Diet. For more information about losing weight during menopause using the Galveston Diet, browse the rest of our website. Our program was developed by a female OBGYN for women in midlife who are having problems losing weight, no matter how much they exercise or how little they eat.