This salad bowl is a powerful mix of chicken, avocado, and grilled asparagus. It is full of flavor, but low on carbs.
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup kale, rough chopped
- ¼ cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tomatoes, cut into bite-sized wedges
- 2 avocados, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup almonds, sliced
- 4 six ounces pieces of chicken
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- Season asparagus with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Season chicken with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat until the internal temperature reaches 165℉.
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Drizzle in remaining olive oil while whisking until combined.
- Build a salad with mixed greens, kale, cabbage, grilled asparagus, tomatoes, avocado, and bell pepper.
- Top salad with the chicken, drizzle with the dressing and garnish with sliced almonds.
For more delicious recipes that you’ll love, check out the rest of our blog. To learn how to lose weight during menopause, check out The Galveston Diet!