The fresh lemon and thyme give new life to the classic combination of chicken and string beans. Enjoy!
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
Macros: 7g net carbs, 4g Fiber, 38g fat, 40g protein
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut in ½” pieces
- ½ cup ghee, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh string beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced almonds. Cook until the almonds start to brown, stirring constantly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ½ of the ghee to pan. Once melted, add the sliced onions and sauté until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan, and sauté for 4-5 minutes (until reaches 165 degrees). Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining ghee to the pan, Once melted, add the string beans and the water to the pan. Cover and steam fry the string beans for 3-4 minutes.
- Plate onions and string beans.
- Place chicken over onions, and garnish with fresh thyme.
- Garnish the string beans with the toasted almonds.
- Serve with a piece of lemon on the side.