After realizing how simple it is to make delicious peanut chicken, you’ll never do takeout again! This dish is packed with flavor and sure to be a new family favorite.
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
Macros: Net Carbs 14g, 52g Fat, 43g Protein
- ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup of tamari
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound of chicken, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup each yellow squash and zucchini, julienned or spiralized
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, tamari, and coconut milk. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add ¼ cup coconut oil, and heat for 30 seconds.
- Once the oil is heated, add the garlic and chicken to the pan.
- Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir in the squash/zucchini. Cook until slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and peanut sauce mixture to the pan. Simmer until heated through.
- Plate the peanut chicken and squash, and garnish with cilantro.