This is delicious and a family favorite! In a rush? Substitute deboned rotisserie chicken, bake and divide up for lunches or prep and freeze to bake later in the week for dinner!)
- 1.5 lb chicken tenders, pounded thin
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 12 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a non-stick sauce pan. Saute’ onions and celery until clear. Add chicken. Sauté the chicken tenders until cooked through.
- In a small blender or food processor puree the sun-dried tomatoes and warm water until they are pureed. Add the basil and process until it is chopped.
- In a medium bowl mix the sun-dried tomato puree, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chicken stock. Once it is smooth, mix in the spinach and chicken.
- Spread the mixture in a 9×13 casserole dish. Top with the provolone cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information: 5g net carbs, 40g fat, 48g protein
I love to pair this with a side of walnuts for almonds and a tossed green salad!