This hearty and healthy dish will quickly become a family favorite.
Ready in 50 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 slices of raw bacon
- 1 14-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach, rough chopped
- 1 cup kale, rough chopped
- ⅓ cup cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Cut spaghetti squash in half length-wise. Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash halves cut side down in a casserole dish and add one inch of water to the dish.
- Cook at 350℉ for 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly then remove the squash from the skin.
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and cauliflower. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add tomatoes, ½ cup of water, spinach, and kale to the saucepan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until sauce thickens a bit.
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef and bacon over medium-high heat.
- Add the cooked beef and bacon to the marinara.
- Serve the spaghetti squash with the marinara on top.