Walnut Cocoa Collagen Balls
Chocolate cravings are real, these walnut cocoa collagen balls not only satisfy those intense chocolate cravings.
Warning, you might feel like you are cheating – but you are not.
Fun for the family to make. They keep beautifully in the fridge so that there is always a treat for you and those you love.
Galveston Diet approved with only 3 net carbs per serving.
40 minutes preparation
60 minutes to freeze
3 g Net Carbs
18 g Fat
6 g Protein
½ c. Organic Cocoa Butter solid chips
2 ¼ c. Organic Walnuts
12 scoops Flavorless Collagen (our favorite is Sparkle!)
¼ c. Organic Almonds
1 ¾ c. Almond Flour
1 ½ c. Coconut Flakes (unsweetened) – divided
2 Medjool Dates
4 tbs. Chia seeds – divided
3 tbs. cocoa powder – divided
¼ c Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
½ c. Ground Flax
1 tbs. Honey
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place Walnuts and Almonds on Baking Sheet and bake for 10 minutes – move the nuts around on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
3. In Food processor blend warm nuts on low setting until the nut butter is realized – may take 7-10 minutes. Remove and place in the fridge to cool the nut butter.
4. Once cooled, combine the following ingredients with nut butter in the food processor – collagen, dates, 2 tbs. Chia seeds, 1 tbs. Cocoa powder, ½ c. Coconut Flakes, ground flax, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
5. Remove ingredients and place in a separate bowl – fold in Almond flour, remaining coconut flakes, and remaining chia seed.
6. Place the cocoa butter in a saucepan on low heat, let the cocoa butter melt completely, then add 2 tbs. Cocoa powder and 1 tbs. Honey – once combined place to the side to cool slightly.
7. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with baking paper, take a tablespoon and carve out enough of the batter to roll a ball in your hand. The ball can be 1 – 1 1/2” place each ball on the paper.
8. Take the remaining shredded coconut and place on a plate. Dip the Walnut Balls into the Cocoa mix, then dip in the coconut and place back on sheet.
9. Place balls in the freezer for an hour to solidify the chocolate then keep in the fridge.
Enjoy anytime you are looking for a nutty chocolate treat!